Letter to Parents
Dear Children’s Co-op families,
This video is part of the training for parents to be in the classroom. Thanks for watching and see you in the classroom! After viewing the video, you can test yourself on its content by taking this quiz.
In addition to participating in the “lab” as a classroom parent helper, parents are required to complete 9 parenting education activities per year (i.e. attend Parenting Meetings), to receive course credit. If a parent is unable to attend a parent meeting, he/she must complete a make-up activity of his/her choice and record the activity in the sign-in notebook located in the classroom. Make-up options and details are listed below.
Parenting Meeting Make-up Options:
• Attend a board meeting, one per year counts as a make-up activity.
• Participate in a parenting education book club meeting.
• Attend a First aid/CPR class. A First aid/CPR class counts as TWO make-up activities.
• Attend a parent education meeting at another school. This may include the PTA at your local elementary school, another co-op, or through BTC.
• Attend a community parent education event.
• In coordination with your child’s teacher, conduct a special project related to curriculum in the classroom.
• Read a book or article or visit a website that has info on parenting. Email a review to the WCC Facilitator. Include the following in your email review: Something new you learned, something you liked & something you didn’t like and how you will integrate this information into your parenting practices (or not!)
• Attend kindergarten open house at your child’s elementary school or at a private school.
• Ask the WCC Facilitator to provide a video on a parenting or educational topic.
• Propose a make-up activity or project to the WCC Facilitator.
For more information, contact Alisson Bonner, WCC Parenting Educator at firstname.lastname@example.org or Carolina Olza-Kelsh, WCC Parenting Educator at email@example.com